- Syntactic design. It structure describes the brand new components to have specifying new official speech syntax regarding RIF logic languages of the specializing the fresh new speech sentence structure of your build. The brand new demonstration syntax is utilized from inside the RIF to help you establish the fresh semantics of one’s dialects and also to instruct part of the ideas that have instances. It syntax isn’t intended to be a real syntax getting new languages; it makes out information such as the delimiters of the various syntactic portion, parenthesizing, precedence away from workers, and the like. As RIF try an interchange style, they uses XML as its only tangible sentence structure.
- Semantic structure. The new semantic design means the fresh mechanisms that are used for indicating the brand new types of RIF reasoning dialects.
- XML serialization build. It design represent the overall values you to logic languages are to use in indicating its tangible XML-oriented syntaxes. For every dialect, their tangible XML syntax try a by-product of one’s dialect’s demonstration sentence structure. It could be seen as a good serialization of that sentence structure.
- Constants and variables. This type of words are common to the majority reasoning dialects.
- Positional terms. These terminology are commonly used in earliest-buy logic. RIF-FLD describes positional words for the a somewhat significantly more standard method inside order to enable dialects that have large-order sentence structure, such HiLog [CKW93] and datingranking.net/amateurmatch-review/ Relfun [RF99].
- Terms and conditions with named arguments. Speaking of including positional terminology apart from for every argument out-of an excellent term is known as additionally the buy of arguments are immaterial. Conditions with called arguments generalize the notion of rows during the relational tables, in which column headings correspond to dispute brands.
- Lists. These terms match directories inside the reason programming, and are usually used in the essential Reasoning Dialect. Minimal models ones terminology can be used regarding the Key Dialect and also the Production Rules Dialect.
- Frames. A-frame title stands for a denial throughout the an item as well as functions. Such conditions match particles out-of F-reasoning [KLW95]. There clearly was syntactic similarity ranging from terms with entitled objections and frames, once the characteristics (otherwise properties) of an item resemble named arguments. not, the semantics of these terms differ (select Point Semantic Formations).
- Classification. This type of conditions are acclimatized to determine the newest subclass and you may category registration matchmaking. There are two categories of group terms and conditions: subscription terms and conditions and you may subclass terms. Eg structures, this type of terms and conditions was lent off F-reason [KLW95].
- Equivalence. Such terms are acclimatized to associate almost every other terms.
pred:numeric-equal or pred:boolean-equal). Those predicates have fixed interpretations, which coincide with the interpretation of the equality terms defined in this document when the latter are evaluated over data types. General use of equality terms is supported in systems such as FLORA-2 [FL2], and special cases are also allowed in Relfun [RF99].
Terms are then used to define several types of RIF-FLD formulas. RIF dialects can choose to permit all or some of the aforesaid categories of terms. In addition, RIF-FLD introduces extension points, one of which allows the introduction of new kinds of terms. An extension point is a keyword that is not a syntactic construct per se, but a placeholder that is supposed to be replaced by specific syntactic constructs of an appropriate kind. RIF-FLD defines several types of extension points: symbols (NEWSYMBOL), connectives (), quantifiers (NEWQUANTIFIER), aggregate functions (NEWAGGRFUNC), and terms (NEWTERM).
Yet not, away from study sizes, the brand new translation of your own equivalence terms can differ in fact it is calculated of the belongings in RIF documents
Icon places partition brand new group of non-logical icons that correspond to individual constants, predicates, and functions, and every partition is then given its own semantics. An icon room features an identifier and you may good lexical room, and this represent the latest „shape” of your symbols for the reason that icon place. Specific symbol room during the RIF are widely used to identify Websites agencies and their lexical area include strings that syntactically seem like internationalized resource identifiers [RFC-3987], otherwise Iris (elizabeth.grams., Most other symbol spaces are used to portray brand new datatypes required by RIF (like,